Next Steps, Employment Practitioner, Full Time Temporary St. John’s
Under the supervision of the Manager of Employment Services, the Employment Practitioner delivers a range of employment-related services with the fundamental objective of assisting the client in acquiring sustainable employment.
- Delivers psycho-educational programming and services in a group and/or individual setting in the community.
- Completes file reviews, assessments and reports as required.
- Develops and presents information sessions to clients and community agencies.
- Maintains accurate electronic and manual client records.
- Maintains collaboration with John Howard Society programs and partner agencies for the purpose of alternative program referral and client advocacy.
- Reviews labour market information and trends on a regular basis.
- Attends program related meetings.
- Engages in professional development as required.
- Ensures confidentiality guidelines are met regarding staff and client information.
- Shares responsibility for maintaining a safe secure environment for both staff and clients.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Manager.
- University degree in Social Work, Criminology or the social sciences. (Psychology, sociology or education).
- Minimum of one-year experience in the employment services sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment readiness assessments, essential employability skills, needs and barriers as well as effective interventions.
- Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of the offender population.
- Broad understanding of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in both individual interventions and group facilitation would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Proven competency in computer software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with program facilitation considered an asset.
- Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are an asset.
- Certificate of conduct.
- John Howard Society welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited to those of any gender, race, orientation or disability.
Full Time Temporary Position, until July 31st,2026
Salary: $30.80/hour as per collective agreement; 35 hours per week.
Submit resume to: Adam Power at email@example.com
Closing Date: November 28th, 2023