Residential Staff (Relief) West Bridge House, Stephenville
West Bridge House will be hiring Residential Staff (relief). The candidate(s) selected must be available to work on short notice for day, evening, weekend and overnight shifts.
Under supervision of the Manager, the Residential Staff provides supervision to the residents and maintains a safe and secure residential environment.
- Provides supervision of residents and monitors their activities in accordance with release conditions and house rules.
- Record violations, infractions and critical incidents and reports same to the director/designate and referral agency.
- Conducts and documents regular checks on residents and the physical facility.
- Identifies problem areas and intervenes effectively in crisis situations.
- Provides informal/supportive counselling to residents and refers to Senior Counsellor (Residential) as required.
- Completes intake requirement for new residents.
- Attends program related meetings.
- Prepares meals as required.
- Provides access to medication and documents as required.
- Communicates with staff and volunteers through the use of the duty log and shift change briefings.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a clean and safe facility.
- Contributes to the orientation/training of staff/interns/volunteers.
- Provides guidance and indirect supervision to volunteers and students as required.
- Engages in professional development as required.
- Ensures confidentiality guidelines are met regarding staff and clients.
- Shares responsibility for maintaining a safe, secure environment for both staff and clients.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Director.
- A minimum of a two year Diploma in Social Sciences/Criminology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in community residential care as it relates to offenders would be an asset.
- Certificates in Emergency First Aid and CPR.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven competency in computer software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Certificate of conduct.
- Enhanced Reliability Check.
John Howard Society welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited to those of any gender, race, orientation or disability.
Wages: $20.78 per hour plus shift differential as per Collective Agreement.
Please submit resume to: Shelley Garnier at email@example.com or fax: 709–643–3084
CLOSING DATE: Open until positions are filled.