Horizons Program – Stephenville/Bay St. George Area
The goal of the Horizons program is to provide valuable assistance towards the rehabilitation of persons involved with the criminal justice system and contribute to the likelihood of a positive transition back into the workforce.
Contact Adam Power
702 Water Street
NL A1E 1C1
The program is available to
- individuals over the age of 29
- have been in conflict with the law
- exhibit lower levels of literacy, job skills and education.
Following participant selection
- a four week orientation training takes place to help prepare participants for their employment placements.
- employability skills
- resume writing
- interview skills
- employer expectation
- First Aid training
- Introduction in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Each person participates in a 26 week employment placement.